Sunday, February 6, 2022

Building a startup

 


Building a startup

I have a love-hate relationship with entrepreneurship. It is, as they say, in the blood. But it's also a tough business to be engaged in and especially when you're making your own business—a business that has its own set of challenges and obstacles to overcome. To start off, as many people do, I had read a lot about building a successful business. I had tried other different things in my career but always found myself being stuck where others were going. One thing I didn't know at that time was how to build something. There are so many reasons why this doesn't seem to gel into every one of those questions on your mind. But, for now, here's what I did. In fact, I've been thinking a ton about building a company since last year after working in consulting companies like Accenture for the last 10 years, which taught me how to think beyond an idea and bring everything as much value as possible from an idea into reality and make it a marketable product or service. That experience has changed my perspective and brought us all on a path that I'm proud of today. The journey has not been easy either, but over the past few months, we went through some tough times trying to find the right path and figuring out what our goals really should be. For example, a few weeks ago, most of our team members were leaving the company due to personal differences with our managers.


Also Read This: Fiver vs Upwork


We had decided to leave and it seemed more comfortable than ever when I was walking away from the office grounds. However, I felt that it wasn't too bad to stay for a while. They'd just come too far to leave because I knew they were willing to hire new staff and I wasn't sure if they would be as invested in the success of the newly built startup as they should be, but they weren't leaving without a fight and I didn't want to see them leave. So this is what I decided to do when I was considering starting an outside business. This is the reason behind the name of the business, Digital Marketing Lab. When you start off and you believe in yourself and what can be done in order to succeed, it is much easier to stay focused than it is to start off hoping to fail or getting hurt along the way. If you start off by doing more research, however, it will eventually allow you to better understand what you're trying to achieve and what kind of resources you need. Also, many entrepreneurs would rather work in a traditional office environment with lots of different people in the workforce that can give you advice that you might have tried to get elsewhere as well as helping you figure out your problems and help you come up with a plan to solve them one day. Working with regular people is good for that and also a huge benefit in terms of keeping you energized and motivated through the long hours of the day and you are less likely to burn out. Also, don't forget about hiring—we don't want anyone else to face the same challenges that we do, so having a great recruitment system in place is vital. Lastly, there's the business aspect that must be considered as well as keeping in mind that the company is only going to grow at whatever pace the customers want and the growth may fluctuate a bit depending on economic conditions. Since launching, it hasn't been easy (I know that I've still been learning the ropes but it's important to keep in mind that it took nearly two decades of studying and reading up on the industry to be able to start this). Hopefully with these hard lessons learned and more and more things that I'm going to learn, I'll be prepared to take on the next adventure we have lined up. Until then, thank you for reading! :)

Previous Post
Next Post

post written by:

0 Comments:

If you have any doubt then please let us know